- 1. shepherd, clergyman, reverend, man of the cloth
- usage: a clergyman who watches over a group of people
- 2. sheepherder, shepherd, sheepman, herder, herdsman, drover
- usage: a herder of sheep (on an open range); someone who keeps the sheep together in a flock
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shepherd, guard, ward
- usage: watch over like a shepherd, as a teacher of her pupils
- 2. shepherd, tend
- usage: tend as a shepherd, as of sheep or goats
All rights reserved.
See also: shepherd (Dictionary)