Synonyms of shelled
- 1. blast, shell, bombard, bomb
- usage: use explosives on; "The enemy has been shelling us all day"
- 2. blast, shell, make, create
- usage: create by using explosives; "blast a passage through the mountain"
- 3. shell, emerge
- usage: fall out of the pod or husk; "The corn shelled"
- 4. shell, hit
- usage: hit the pitches of hard and regularly; "He shelled the pitcher for eight runs in the first inning"
- 5. shell, gather
- usage: look for and collect shells by the seashore
- 6. beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish, get the better of, overcome, defeat
- usage: come out better in a competition, race, or conflict; "Agassi beat Becker in the tennis championship"; "We beat the competition"; "Harvard defeated Yale in the last football game"
- 7. shell, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove from its shell or outer covering; "shell the legumes"; "shell mussels"
- 8. husk, shell, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove the husks from; "husk corn"
- 1. shelled (vs. unshelled), hard-shelled, smooth-shelled, spiral-shelled, thin-shelled
- usage: of animals or fruits that have a shell
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of shelled (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.