- 1. sheet, expanse
- usage: any broad thin expanse or surface; "a sheet of ice"
- 2. sheet, piece of paper, sheet of paper, paper
- usage: paper used for writing or printing
- 3. sheet, bed sheet, bed linen
- usage: bed linen consisting of a large rectangular piece of cotton or linen cloth; used in pairs
- 4. plane, sheet, shape, form
- usage: (mathematics) an unbounded two-dimensional shape; "we will refer to the plane of the graph as the X-Y plane"; "any line joining two points on a plane lies wholly on that plane"
- 5. tabloid, rag, sheet, newspaper, paper
- usage: newspaper with half-size pages
- 6. sheet, flat solid, artifact, artefact
- usage: a flat artifact that is thin relative to its length and width
- 7. sheet, tack, mainsheet, weather sheet, shroud, line
- usage: (nautical) a line (rope or chain) that regulates the angle at which a sail is set in relation to the wind
- 8. sail, canvas, canvass, sheet, piece of cloth, piece of material
- usage: a large piece of fabric (usually canvas fabric) by means of which wind is used to propel a sailing vessel
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sheet, pour, pelt, stream, rain cats and dogs, rain buckets
- usage: come down as if in sheets; "The rain was sheeting down during the monsoon"
- 2. sheet, cover
- usage: cover with a sheet, as if by wrapping; "sheet the body"
All rights reserved.
See also: sheet (Dictionary)