- 1. sheathing, overlay, overlayer, protective covering, protective cover, protection
- usage: protective covering consisting, for example, of a layer of boards applied to the studs and joists of a building to strengthen it and serve as a foundation for a weatherproof exterior
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sheathe, cover
- usage: cover with a protective sheathing; "sheathe her face"
- 2. sheathe, envelop, enfold, enwrap, wrap, enclose
- usage: enclose with a sheath; "sheathe a sword"
- 3. sheathe, immerse, plunge
- usage: plunge or bury (a knife or sword) in flesh
All rights reserved.
See also: sheathing (Dictionary)