- 1. shear, snip, clip, crop, trim, lop, dress, prune, cut back
- usage: cut with shears; "shear hedges"
- 2. fleece, shear, shave, trim
- usage: shear the wool from; "shear sheep"
- 3. shear, cut
- usage: cut or cut through with shears; "shear the wool off the lamb"
- 4. shear, change
- usage: become deformed by forces tending to produce a shearing strain
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sheared (vs. unsheared), shorn
- usage: having the hair or wool cut or clipped off as if with shears or clippers; "picked up the baby's shorn curls from the floor"; "naked as a sheared sheep"
- 2. sheared, cut (vs. uncut)
- usage: (used especially of fur or wool) shaped or finished by cutting or trimming to a uniform length; "a coat of sheared lamb"
All rights reserved.
See also: sheared (Dictionary)