Synonyms of shear
- 1. shear, deformation
- usage: (physics) a deformation of an object in which parallel planes remain parallel but are shifted in a direction parallel to themselves; "the shear changed the quadrilateral into a parallelogram"
- 2. shear, edge tool
- usage: a large edge tool that cuts sheet metal by passing a blade through it
- 1. shear, snip, clip, crop, trim, lop, dress, prune, cut back
- usage: cut with shears; "shear hedges"
- 2. fleece, shear, shave, trim
- usage: shear the wool from; "shear sheep"
- 3. shear, cut
- usage: cut or cut through with shears; "shear the wool off the lamb"
- 4. shear, change
- usage: become deformed by forces tending to produce a shearing strain
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of shear (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.