WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sharpen, change, alter, modify
- usage: make sharp or sharper; "sharpen the knives"
- 2. sharpen, intensify, compound, heighten, deepen
- usage: make crisp or more crisp and precise; "We had to sharpen our arguments"
- 3. sharpen, intensify, deepen
- usage: become sharp or sharper; "The debate sharpened"
- 4. focus, focalize, focalise, sharpen, adjust, set, correct
- usage: put (an image) into focus; "Please focus the image; we cannot enjoy the movie"
- 5. sharpen, change intensity
- usage: make (images or sounds) sharp or sharper
- 6. sharpen, change, alter, modify
- usage: raise the pitch of (musical notes)
- 7. sharpen, taper, point, change shape, change form, deform
- usage: give a point to; "The candles are tapered"
- 8. sharpen, heighten, intensify, compound, heighten, deepen
- usage: make (one's senses) more acute; "This drug will sharpen your vision"
All rights reserved.
See also: sharpen (Dictionary)