WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. white clover, dutch clover, shamrock, Trifolium repens, clover, trefoil
- usage: creeping European clover having white to pink flowers and bright green leaves; naturalized in United States; widely grown for forage
- 2. common wood sorrel, cuckoo bread, shamrock, Oxalis acetosella, oxalis, sorrel, wood sorrel
- usage: Eurasian plant with heart-shaped trifoliate leaves and white purple-veined flowers
- 3. hop clover, shamrock, lesser yellow trefoil, Trifolium dubium, clover, trefoil
- usage: clover native to Ireland with yellowish flowers; often considered the true or original shamrock
All rights reserved.
See also: shamrock (Dictionary)