WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shady, shadowed, shadowy, umbrageous, shaded (vs. unshaded)
- usage: filled with shade; "the shady side of the street"; "the surface of the pond is dark and shadowed"; "we sat on rocks in a shadowy cove"; "cool umbrageous woodlands"
- 2. dim, faint, shadowy, vague, wispy, indistinct (vs. distinct)
- usage: lacking clarity or distinctness; "a dim figure in the distance"; "only a faint recollection"; "shadowy figures in the gloom"; "saw a vague outline of a building through the fog"; "a few wispy memories of childhood"
- 3. shadowy, wraithlike, insubstantial (vs. substantial), unsubstantial, unreal
- usage: lacking in substance; "strange fancies of unreal and shadowy worlds"- W.A.Butler; "dim shadowy forms"; "a wraithlike column of smoke"
All rights reserved.
See also: shadowy (Dictionary)