- 1. shading, marking
- usage: graded markings that indicate light or shaded areas in a drawing or painting
- 2. shading, blending, gradation, graduation
- usage: a gradation involving small or imperceptible differences between grades
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shadow, shade, shade off, darken
- usage: cast a shadow over
- 2. shade, fill in, draw, paint
- usage: represent the effect of shade or shadow on
- 3. shade, screen, block out
- usage: protect from light, heat, or view; "Shade your eyes when you step out into the bright sunlight"
- 4. shade, change, alter, modify
- usage: vary slightly; "shade the meaning"
- 5. shade, change
- usage: pass from one quality such as color to another by a slight degree; "the butterfly wings shade to yellow"
All rights reserved.
See also: shading (Dictionary)