Synonyms of sex
- 1. sexual activity, sexual practice, sex, sex activity, bodily process, body process, bodily function, activity
- usage: activities associated with sexual intercourse; "they had sex in the back seat"
- 2. sex, class, category, family
- usage: either of the two categories (male or female) into which most organisms are divided; "the war between the sexes"
- 3. sex, sexual urge, feeling
- usage: all of the feelings resulting from the urge to gratify sexual impulses; "he wanted a better sex life"; "the film contained no sex or violence"
- 4. sex, gender, sexuality, physiological property
- usage: the properties that distinguish organisms on the basis of their reproductive roles; "she didn't want to know the sex of the foetus"
- 1. arouse, sex, excite, turn on, wind up, stimulate, shake, shake up, excite, stir
- usage: stimulate sexually; "This movie usually arouses the male audience"
- 2. sex, distinguish, separate, differentiate, secern, secernate, severalize, severalise, tell, tell apart
- usage: tell the sex (of young chickens)
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of sex (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.