- 1. sewing, stitching, handicraft
- usage: joining or attaching by stitches
- 2. sewing, stitchery, needlework, needlecraft
- usage: needlework on which you are working with needle and thread; "she put her sewing back in the basket"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sew, run up, sew together, stitch, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: fasten by sewing; do needlework
- 2. sew, tailor, tailor-make, fashion, forge
- usage: create (clothes) with cloth; "Can the seamstress sew me a suit by next week?"
All rights reserved.
See also: sewing (Dictionary)