WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sewer, sewerage, cloaca, drain, drainpipe, waste pipe
- usage: a waste pipe that carries away sewage or surface water
- 2. sewer, needleworker
- usage: someone who sews; "a sewer of fine gowns"
- 3. gutter, sewer, toilet, misfortune, bad luck, tough luck, ill luck
- usage: misfortune resulting in lost effort or money; "his career was in the gutter"; "all that work went down the sewer"; "pensions are in the toilet"
All rights reserved.
See also: sewer (Dictionary)