WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. several(prenominal), some(prenominal) (vs. no) (vs. all)
- usage: (used with count nouns) of an indefinite number more than 2 or 3 but not many; "several letters came in the mail"; "several people were injured in the accident"
- 2. respective(prenominal), several(prenominal), various(prenominal), individual (vs. common), single
- usage: considered individually; "the respective club members"; "specialists in their several fields"; "the various reports all agreed"
- 3. several(predicate), different (vs. same)
- usage: distinct and individual; "three several times"
All rights reserved.
See also: several (Dictionary)