Synonyms of set off
- 1. set-back, setoff, offset, structure, construction
- usage: structure where a wall or building narrows abruptly
- 1. trip, actuate, trigger, activate, set off, spark off, spark, trigger off, touch off, initiate, pioneer
- usage: put in motion or move to act; "trigger a reaction"; "actuate the circuits"
- 2. depart, part, start, start out, set forth, set off, set out, take off, leave, go forth, go away
- usage: leave; "The family took off for Florida"
- 3. bring out, set off, stress, emphasize, emphasise, punctuate, accent, accentuate
- usage: direct attention to, as if by means of contrast; "This dress accentuates your nice figure!"; "I set off these words by brackets"
- 4. explode, detonate, blow up, set off, change integrity
- usage: cause to burst with a violent release of energy; "We exploded the nuclear bomb"
- 5. cancel, offset, set off, balance, equilibrate, equilibrize, equilibrise
- usage: make up for; "His skills offset his opponent's superior strength"
- 6. set off, begin, lead off, start, commence
- usage: set in motion or cause to begin; "The guide set the tour off to a good start"
- 7. incite, instigate, set off, stir up, provoke, stimulate
- usage: provoke or stir up; "incite a riot"; "set off great unrest among the people"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.