- 1. sesquipedalian, sesquipedalia, polysyllable, polysyllabic word
- usage: a very long word (a foot and a half long)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sesquipedalian, pretentious (vs. unpretentious)
- usage: given to the overuse of long words; "sesquipedalian orators"; "this sesquipedalian way of saying one has no money"
- 2. polysyllabic, sesquipedalian, long (vs. short)
- usage: (of words) long and ponderous; having many syllables; "sesquipedalian technical terms"
All rights reserved.
See also: sesquipedalian (Dictionary)