WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. series, ordering, order, ordination
- usage: similar things placed in order or happening one after another; "they were investigating a series of bank robberies"
- 2. serial, series, broadcast, program, programme
- usage: a serialized set of programs; "a comedy series"; "the Masterworks concert series"
- 3. series, serial, serial publication, periodical
- usage: a periodical that appears at scheduled times
- 4. series, contest, competition
- usage: (sports) several contests played successively by the same teams; "the visiting team swept the series"
- 5. series, connection, connexion, connectedness
- usage: (electronics) connection of components in such a manner that current flows first through one and then through the other; "the voltage divider consisted of a series of fixed resistors"
- 6. series, group, grouping
- usage: a group of postage stamps having a common theme or a group of coins or currency selected as a group for study or collection; "the Post Office issued a series commemorating famous American entertainers"; "his coin collection included the complete series of Indian-head pennies"
- 7. series, polynomial, multinomial
- usage: (mathematics) the sum of a finite or infinite sequence of expressions
All rights reserved.
See also: series (Dictionary)