WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sergeant, noncommissioned officer, noncom, enlisted officer
- usage: any of several noncommissioned officer ranks in the Army or Air Force or Marines ranking above a corporal
- 2. police sergeant, sergeant, lawman, law officer, peace officer
- usage: a lawman with the rank of sergeant
- 3. serjeant-at-law, serjeant, sergeant-at-law, sergeant, barrister
- usage: an English barrister of the highest rank
All rights reserved.
See also: sergeant (Dictionary)