WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. separation, state
- usage: the state of lacking unity
- 2. separation, breakup, detachment, change, alteration, modification
- usage: coming apart
- 3. interval, separation, distance
- usage: the distance between things; "fragile items require separation and cushioning"
- 4. separation, sorting
- usage: sorting one thing from others; "the separation of wheat from chaff"; "the separation of mail by postal zones"
- 5. separation, group action
- usage: the social act of separating or parting company; "the separation of church and state"
- 6. separation, space
- usage: the space where a division or parting occurs; "he hid in the separation between walls"
- 7. separation, result, resultant, final result, outcome, termination
- usage: the termination of employment (by resignation or dismissal)
- 8. legal separation, separation, cessation, surcease
- usage: (law) the cessation of cohabitation of man and wife (either by mutual agreement or under a court order)
- 9. separation, change of integrity
- usage: the act of dividing or disconnecting
All rights reserved.
See also: separation (Dictionary)