Synonyms of separated
- 1. separate, divide
- usage: act as a barrier between; stand between; "The mountain range divides the two countries"
- 2. separate, disunite, divide, part, move, displace
- usage: force, take, or pull apart; "He separated the fighting children"; "Moses parted the Red Sea"
- 3. distinguish, separate, differentiate, secern, secernate, severalize, severalise, tell, tell apart, identify, place
- usage: mark as different; "We distinguish several kinds of maple"
- 4. divide, split, split up, separate, dissever, carve up, change integrity
- usage: separate into parts or portions; "divide the cake into three equal parts"; "The British carved up the Ottoman Empire after World War I"
- 5. separate, change integrity
- usage: divide into components or constituents; "Separate the wheat from the chaff"
- 6. classify, class, sort, assort, sort out, separate, categorize, categorise
- usage: arrange or order by classes or categories; "How would you classify these pottery shards--are they prehistoric?"
- 7. separate, divide
- usage: make a division or separation
- 8. separate, part, split up, split, break, break up
- usage: discontinue an association or relation; go different ways; "The business partners broke over a tax question"; "The couple separated after 25 years of marriage"; "My friend and I split up"
- 9. separate, part, split, move
- usage: go one's own way; move apart; "The friends separated after the party"
- 10. break, separate, split up, fall apart, come apart, change integrity
- usage: become separated into pieces or fragments; "The figurine broke"; "The freshly baked loaf fell apart"
- 11. discriminate, separate, single out, distinguish, separate, differentiate, secern, secernate, severalize, severalise, tell, tell apart
- usage: treat differently on the basis of sex or race
- 12. separate, divide, part, change
- usage: come apart; "The two pieces that we had glued separated"
- 13. branch, ramify, fork, furcate, separate, diverge
- usage: divide into two or more branches so as to form a fork; "The road forks"
- 1. detached, isolated, separated, set-apart, separate (vs. joint)
- usage: being or feeling set or kept apart from others; "she felt detached from the group"; "could not remain the isolated figure he had been"- Sherwood Anderson; "thought of herself as alone and separated from the others"; "had a set-apart feeling"
- 2. separated, spaced, distributed (vs. concentrated)
- usage: spaced apart
- 3. disjointed, dislocated, separated, injured (vs. uninjured)
- usage: separated at the joint; "a dislocated knee"; "a separated shoulder"
- 4. detached, separated, unconnected (vs. connected)
- usage: no longer connected or joined; "a detached part"; "on one side of the island was a hugh rock, almost detached"; "the separated spacecraft will return to their home bases"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.