WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sentimentalize, sentimentalise, misrepresent, belie
- usage: look at with sentimentality or turn into an object of sentiment; "Don't sentimentalize the past events"
- 2. sentimentalize, sentimentalise, change, alter, modify
- usage: make (someone or something) sentimental or imbue with sentimental qualities; "Too much poetry sentimentalizes the mind"; "These experiences have sentimentalized her"
- 3. sentimentalise, sentimentalize, sentimentize, sentimentise, act, behave, do
- usage: act in a sentimental way or indulge in sentimental thoughts or expression
All rights reserved.
See also: sentimentalize (Dictionary)