WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sensitivity, sensitiveness, feeling
- usage: sensitivity to emotional feelings (of self and others)
- 2. sensitivity, sensitiveness, sensibility, sense, sensation, sentience, sentiency, sensory faculty
- usage: (physiology) responsiveness to external stimuli; the faculty of sensation; "sensitivity to pain"
- 3. sensitivity, sensitiveness, physical property
- usage: the ability to respond to physical stimuli or to register small physical amounts or differences; "a galvanometer of extreme sensitivity"; "the sensitiveness of Mimosa leaves does not depend on a change of growth"
- 4. sensitivity, sensitiveness, ability
- usage: the ability to respond to affective changes in your interpersonal environment
All rights reserved.
See also: sensitiveness (Dictionary)