WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sensibility, esthesia, aesthesia, consciousness
- usage: mental responsiveness and awareness
- 2. sensibility, sensitivity, sensitiveness
- usage: refined sensitivity to pleasurable or painful impressions; "cruelty offended his sensibility"
- 3. sensitivity, sensitiveness, sensibility, sense, sensation, sentience, sentiency, sensory faculty
- usage: (physiology) responsiveness to external stimuli; the faculty of sensation; "sensitivity to pain"
All rights reserved.
See also: sensibility (Dictionary)