Synonyms of sensation
- 1. sensation, esthesis, aesthesis, sense experience, sense impression, sense datum, perception
- usage: an unelaborated elementary awareness of stimulation; "a sensation of touch"
- 2. ace, adept, champion, sensation, maven, mavin, virtuoso, genius, hotshot, star, superstar, whiz, whizz, wizard, wiz, expert
- usage: someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field
- 3. sensation, stir
- usage: a general feeling of excitement and heightened interest; "anticipation produced in me a sensation somewhere between hope and fear"
- 4. sensation, excitement, excitation, inflammation, fervor, fervour
- usage: a state of widespread public excitement and interest; "the news caused a sensation"
- 5. sense, sensation, sentience, sentiency, sensory faculty, faculty, mental faculty, module
- usage: the faculty through which the external world is apprehended; "in the dark he had to depend on touch and on his senses of smell and hearing"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of sensation (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.