WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. send, direct, move, displace
- usage: cause to go somewhere; "The explosion sent the car flying in the air"; "She sent her children to camp"; "He directed all his energies into his dissertation"
- 2. send, send out, transmit, transfer, transport, channel, channelize, channelise
- usage: to cause or order to be taken, directed, or transmitted to another place; "He had sent the dispatches downtown to the proper people and had slept"
- 3. mail, post, send, transfer
- usage: cause to be directed or transmitted to another place; "send me your latest results"; "I'll mail you the paper when it's written"
- 4. transport, send, ship, move, displace
- usage: transport commercially
- 5. station, post, send, place, move, displace
- usage: assign to a station
- 6. send, get off, send off, transfer
- usage: transfer; "The spy sent the classified information off to Russia"
- 7. commit, institutionalize, institutionalise, send, charge, transfer
- usage: cause to be admitted; of persons to an institution; "After the second episode, she had to be committed"; "he was committed to prison"
- 8. air, send, broadcast, beam, transmit, publicize, publicise, air, bare
- usage: broadcast over the airwaves, as in radio or television; "We cannot air this X-rated song"
All rights reserved.
See also: send (Dictionary)