WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. semblance, gloss, color, colour, appearance, visual aspect
- usage: an outward or token appearance or form that is deliberately misleading; "he hoped his claims would have a semblance of authenticity"; "he tried to give his falsehood the gloss of moral sanction"; "the situation soon took on a different color"
- 2. illusion, semblance, appearance
- usage: an erroneous mental representation
- 3. likeness, semblance, picture, image, icon, ikon
- usage: picture consisting of a graphic image of a person or thing
All rights reserved.
See also: semblance (Dictionary)