- 1. sell, sale
- usage: the activity of persuading someone to buy; "it was a hard sell"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sell, exchange, change, interchange
- usage: exchange or deliver for money or its equivalent; "He sold his house in January"; "She sells her body to survive and support her drug habit"
- 2. sell, be
- usage: be sold at a certain price or in a certain way; "These books sell like hot cakes"
- 3. sell, persuade
- usage: persuade somebody to accept something; "The French try to sell us their image as great lovers"
- 4. deal, sell, trade, transact
- usage: do business; offer for sale as for one's livelihood; "She deals in gold"; "The brothers sell shoes"
- 5. sell, surrender, cede, deliver, give up
- usage: give up for a price or reward; "She sold her principles for a successful career"
- 6. sell, be
- usage: be approved of or gain acceptance; "The new idea sold well in certain circles"
- 7. sell, be
- usage: be responsible for the sale of; "All her publicity sold the products"
- 8. betray, sell, deceive, lead on, delude, cozen
- usage: deliver to an enemy by treachery; "Judas sold Jesus"; "The spy betrayed his country"
All rights reserved.
See also: sell (Dictionary)