WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. choice, selection, option, pick, action
- usage: the act of choosing or selecting; "your choice of colors was unfortunate"; "you can take your pick"
- 2. selection, assortment, mixture, mixed bag, miscellany, miscellanea, variety, salmagundi, smorgasbord, potpourri, motley
- usage: an assortment of things from which a choice can be made; "the store carried a large selection of shoes"
- 3. choice, pick, selection, decision making, deciding
- usage: the person or thing chosen or selected; "he was my pick for mayor"
- 4. survival, survival of the fittest, natural selection, selection, natural process, natural action, action, activity
- usage: a natural process resulting in the evolution of organisms best adapted to the environment
- 5. excerpt, excerption, extract, selection, passage
- usage: a passage selected from a larger work; "he presented excerpts from William James' philosophical writings"
All rights reserved.
See also: selection (Dictionary)