WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. segregation, organic process, biological process
- usage: (genetics) the separation of paired alleles during meiosis so that members of each pair of alleles appear in different gametes
- 2. segregation, separatism, social organization, social organisation, social structure, social system, structure
- usage: a social system that provides separate facilities for minority groups
- 3. segregation, sequestration, separation
- usage: the act of segregating or sequestering; "sequestration of the jury"
All rights reserved.
See also: segregation (Dictionary)