- 1. section, segment, part, portion
- usage: one of several parts or pieces that fit with others to constitute a whole object; "a section of a fishing rod"; "metal sections were used below ground"; "finished the final segment of the road"
- 2. segment, part, piece
- usage: one of the parts into which something naturally divides; "a segment of an orange"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. segment, section, separate, divide, part
- usage: divide into segments; "segment an orange"; "segment a compound word"
- 2. segment, separate, divide, part
- usage: divide or split up; "The cells segmented"
All rights reserved.
See also: segment (Dictionary)