Synonyms of secure
- 1. procure, secure, obtain
- usage: get by special effort; "He procured extra cigarettes even though they were rationed"
- 2. fasten, fix, secure, attach
- usage: cause to be firmly attached; "fasten the lock onto the door"; "she fixed her gaze on the man"
- 3. secure, guarantee, vouch
- usage: assure payment of
- 4. guarantee, ensure, insure, assure, secure
- usage: make certain of; "This nest egg will ensure a nice retirement for us"; "Preparation will guarantee success!"
- 5. plug, stop up, secure, close, fill up
- usage: fill or close tightly with or as if with a plug; "plug the hole"; "stop up the leak"
- 6. batten, batten down, secure, strengthen, beef up, fortify
- usage: furnish with battens; "batten ships"
- 1. secure (vs. insecure), unafraid, untroubled
- usage: free from fear or doubt; easy in mind; "he was secure that nothing will be held against him"
- 2. secure (vs. insecure), assured, firm, fail-safe, sure, invulnerable, protected, safe
- usage: free from danger or risk; "secure from harm"; "his fortune was secure"; "made a secure place for himself in his field"
- 3. secure (vs. insecure), steady, tight, fixed
- usage: not likely to fail or give way; "the lock was secure"; "a secure foundation"; "a secure hold on her wrist"
- 4. impregnable, inviolable, secure, strong, unassailable, unattackable, invulnerable (vs. vulnerable)
- usage: immune to attack; incapable of being tampered with; "an impregnable fortress"; "fortifications that made the frontier inviolable"; "a secure telephone connection"
- 5. dependable, good, safe, secure, sound (vs. unsound)
- usage: financially sound; "a good investment"; "a secure investment"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of secure (Dictionary)