WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sector, plane figure, two-dimensional figure
- usage: a plane figure bounded by two radii and the included arc of a circle
- 2. sector, social group
- usage: a social group that forms part of the society or the economy; "the public sector"
- 3. sector, sphere, aspect, facet
- usage: a particular aspect of life or activity; "he was helpless in an important sector of his life"
- 4. sector, computer memory unit
- usage: the minimum track length that can be assigned to store information; unless otherwise specified a sector of data consists of 512 bytes
- 5. sector, tract, piece of land, piece of ground, parcel of land, parcel
- usage: a portion of a military position
- 6. sector, measuring instrument, measuring system, measuring device
- usage: measuring instrument consisting of two graduated arms hinged at one end
All rights reserved.
See also: sector (Dictionary)