- 1. sectarian, sectary, sectarist, bigot
- usage: a member of a sect; "most sectarians are intolerant of the views of any other sect"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sectarian
- usage: of or relating to or characteristic of a sect or sects; "sectarian differences"
- 2. sectarian (vs. nonsectarian), denominational, narrow-minded
- usage: belonging to or characteristic of a sect; "a sectarian mind"; "the negations of sectarian ideology"- Sidney Hook; "sectarian squabbles in psychology"
All rights reserved.
See also: sectarian (Dictionary)