WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. secretary, head, chief, top dog
- usage: a person who is head of an administrative department of government
- 2. secretary, secretarial assistant, assistant, helper, help, supporter
- usage: an assistant who handles correspondence and clerical work for a boss or an organization
- 3. repository, secretary, confidant, intimate
- usage: a person to whom a secret is entrusted
- 4. secretary, writing table, escritoire, secretaire, desk
- usage: a desk used for writing
All rights reserved.
See also: secretary (Dictionary)