- 1. secondary, formation
- usage: the defensive football players who line up behind the linemen
- 2. secondary coil, secondary winding, secondary, coil
- usage: coil such that current is induced in it by passing a current through the primary coil
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. secondary (vs. primary), alternate, alternative, substitute, auxiliary, subsidiary, supplemental, supplementary, collateral, indirect, secondhand, second-string, standby, thirdhand, tributary, utility(prenominal), substitute(prenominal), vicarious, inessential#1, unessential, unoriginal
- usage: being of second rank or importance or value; not direct or immediate; "the stone will be hauled to a secondary crusher"; "a secondary source"; "a secondary issue"; "secondary streams"
- 2. junior-grade, lower-ranking, lowly, petty(prenominal), secondary, subaltern, junior (vs. senior)
- usage: inferior in rank or status; "the junior faculty"; "a lowly corporal"; "petty officialdom"; "a subordinate functionary"
- 3. secondary, incidental (vs. basic), incident
- usage: depending on or incidental to what is original or primary; "a secondary infection"
- 4. secondary, minor (vs. major)
- usage: not of major importance; "played a secondary role in world events"
- 5. secondary, subordinate (vs. dominant), low-level
- usage: belonging to a lower class or rank
All rights reserved.
See also: secondary (Dictionary)