- 1. seclude, sequester, sequestrate, withdraw, isolate, insulate
- usage: keep away from others; "He sequestered himself in his study to write a book"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. privy, secluded, secret, private (vs. public)
- usage: hidden from general view or use; "a privy place to rest and think"; "a secluded romantic spot"; "a secret garden"
- 2. cloistered, reclusive, secluded, sequestered, private (vs. public)
- usage: providing privacy or seclusion; "the cloistered academic world of books"; "sat close together in the sequestered pergola"; "sitting under the reclusive calm of a shade tree"; "a secluded romantic spot"
All rights reserved.
See also: secluded (Dictionary)