- 1. flavorer, flavourer, flavoring, flavouring, seasoner, seasoning, ingredient, fixings
- usage: something added to food primarily for the savor it imparts
- 2. seasoning, change of state
- usage: the act of adding a seasoning to food
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. season, flavor, flavour
- usage: lend flavor to; "Season the chicken breast after roasting it"
- 2. season, harden, toughen
- usage: make fit; "This trip will season even the hardiest traveller"
- 3. temper, season, mollify, weaken
- usage: make more temperate, acceptable, or suitable by adding something else; moderate; "she tempered her criticism"
All rights reserved.
See also: seasoning (Dictionary)