- 1. season, time period, period of time, period
- usage: a period of the year marked by special events or activities in some field; "he celebrated his 10th season with the ballet company"; "she always looked forward to the avocado season"
- 2. season, time of year, time period, period of time, period
- usage: one of the natural periods into which the year is divided by the equinoxes and solstices or atmospheric conditions; "the regular sequence of the seasons"
- 3. season, time period, period of time, period
- usage: a recurrent time marked by major holidays; "it was the Christmas season"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. season, flavor, flavour
- usage: lend flavor to; "Season the chicken breast after roasting it"
- 2. season, harden, toughen
- usage: make fit; "This trip will season even the hardiest traveller"
- 3. temper, season, mollify, weaken
- usage: make more temperate, acceptable, or suitable by adding something else; moderate; "she tempered her criticism"
All rights reserved.
See also: season (Dictionary)