- 1. sculpt, sculpture, shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge
- usage: create by shaping stone or wood or any other hard material; "sculpt a swan out of a block of ice"
- 2. sculpt, sculpture, grave, carve
- usage: shape (a material like stone or wood) by whittling away at it; "She is sculpting the block of marble into an image of her husband"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. graven, sculpted, sculptured, carved (vs. uncarved), carven
- usage: cut into a desired shape; "graven images"; "sculptured representations"
- 2. modeled, sculptural, sculptured, sculpturesque, shapely (vs. unshapely)
- usage: resembling sculpture; "her finely modeled features"; "rendered with...vivid sculptural effect"; "the sculpturesque beauty of the athletes' bodies"
All rights reserved.
See also: sculptured (Dictionary)