- 1. scrunch, noise
- usage: a crunching noise
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. crump, thud, scrunch, crunch, scranch, scraunch, crackle
- usage: make a noise typical of an engine lacking lubricants
- 2. squat, crouch, scrunch, scrunch up, hunker, hunker down, sit, sit down
- usage: sit on one's heels; "In some cultures, the women give birth while squatting"; "The children hunkered down to protect themselves from the sandstorm"
- 3. wrinkle, ruckle, crease, crinkle, scrunch, scrunch up, crisp, fold, fold up, turn up
- usage: make wrinkles or creases on a smooth surface; make a pressed, folded or wrinkled line in; "The dress got wrinkled"; "crease the paper like this to make a crane"
All rights reserved.
See also: scrunch (Dictionary)