- 1. Scribe, Augustin Eugene Scribe
- usage: French playwright (1791-1861)
- 2. scribe, scribbler, penman, journalist
- usage: informal terms for journalists
- 3. copyist, scribe, scrivener, employee
- usage: someone employed to make written copies of documents and manuscripts
- 4. scriber, scribe, scratch awl, awl
- usage: a sharp-pointed awl for marking wood or metal to be cut
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. scribe, score, nock, mark
- usage: score a line on with a pointed instrument, as in metalworking
All rights reserved.
See also: scribe (Dictionary)