- 1. prison guard, jailer, jailor, gaoler, screw, turnkey, lawman, law officer, peace officer, keeper
- usage: someone who guards prisoners
- 2. screw, inclined plane
- usage: a simple machine of the inclined-plane type consisting of a spirally threaded cylindrical rod that engages with a similarly threaded hole
- 3. screw, screw propeller, propeller, propellor
- usage: a propeller with several angled blades that rotates to push against water or air
- 4. screw, fastener, fastening, holdfast, fixing
- usage: a fastener with a tapered threaded shank and a slotted head
- 5. fuck, fucking, screw, screwing, ass, nooky, nookie, piece of ass, piece of tail, roll in the hay, shag, shtup, sexual intercourse, intercourse, sex act, copulation, coitus, coition, sexual congress, congress, sexual relation, relation, carnal knowledge
- usage: slang for sexual intercourse
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sleep together, roll in the hay, love, make out, make love, sleep with, get laid, have sex, know, do it, be intimate, have intercourse, have it away, have it off, screw, fuck, jazz, eff, hump, lie with, bed, have a go at it, bang, get it on, bonk, copulate, mate, pair, couple
- usage: have sexual intercourse with; "This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm"; "Adam knew Eve"; "Were you ever intimate with this man?"
- 2. screw, revolve, go around, rotate
- usage: turn like a screw
- 3. screw, drive in, revolve, go around, rotate
- usage: cause to penetrate, as with a circular motion; "drive in screws or bolts"
- 4. screw, tighten, fasten
- usage: tighten or fasten by means of screwing motions; "Screw the bottle cap on"
- 5. cheat, chouse, shaft, screw, chicane, jockey, beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
- usage: defeat someone through trickery or deceit
All rights reserved.
See also: screw (Dictionary)