- 1. screening, showing, viewing, display
- usage: the display of a motion picture
- 2. screening, fabric, cloth, material, textile
- usage: fabric of metal or plastic mesh
- 3. cover, covering, screening, masking, concealment, concealing, hiding
- usage: the act of concealing the existence of something by obstructing the view of it; "the cover concealed their guns from enemy aircraft"
- 4. screening, testing
- usage: testing objects or persons in order to identify those with particular characteristics
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. screen, test, check
- usage: test or examine for the presence of disease or infection; "screen the blood for the HIV virus"
- 2. screen, analyze, analyse, study, examine, canvass, canvas
- usage: examine methodically; "screen the suitcases"
- 3. screen, screen out, sieve, sort, choose, take, select, pick out
- usage: examine in order to test suitability; "screen these samples"; "screen the job applicants"
- 4. screen, show
- usage: project onto a screen for viewing; "screen a film"
- 5. screen, block out, obstruct, obturate, impede, occlude, jam, block, close up
- usage: prevent from entering; "block out the strong sunlight"
- 6. riddle, screen, sift, sieve, strain
- usage: separate with a riddle, as grain from chaff
- 7. shield, screen, protect
- usage: protect, hide, or conceal from danger or harm
All rights reserved.
See also: screening (Dictionary)