Synonyms of screen
- 1. screen, silver screen, projection screen, surface
- usage: a white or silvered surface where pictures can be projected for viewing
- 2. blind, screen, protective covering, protective cover, protection
- usage: a protective covering that keeps things out or hinders sight; "they had just moved in and had not put up blinds yet"
- 3. screen, CRT screen, display, video display
- usage: the display that is electronically created on the surface of the large end of a cathode-ray tube
- 4. screen, cover, covert, concealment, covering
- usage: a covering that serves to conceal or shelter something; "a screen of trees afforded privacy"; "under cover of darkness"; "the brush provided a covert for game"; "the simplest concealment is to match perfectly the color of the background"
- 5. screen, protective covering, protective cover, protection
- usage: a protective covering consisting of netting; can be mounted in a frame; "they put screens in the windows for protection against insects"; "a metal screen protected the observers"
- 6. filmdom, screenland, screen, film industry, movie industry
- usage: the personnel of the film industry; "a star of stage and screen"
- 7. sieve, screen, strainer
- usage: a strainer for separating lumps from powdered material or grading particles
- 8. screen door, screen, door
- usage: a door that consists of a frame holding metallic or plastic netting; used to allow ventilation and to keep insects from entering a building through the open door; "he heard the screen slam as she left"
- 9. screen, partition, divider
- usage: partition consisting of a decorative frame or panel that serves to divide a space
- 1. screen, test, check
- usage: test or examine for the presence of disease or infection; "screen the blood for the HIV virus"
- 2. screen, analyze, analyse, study, examine, canvass, canvas
- usage: examine methodically; "screen the suitcases"
- 3. screen, screen out, sieve, sort, choose, take, select, pick out
- usage: examine in order to test suitability; "screen these samples"; "screen the job applicants"
- 4. screen, show
- usage: project onto a screen for viewing; "screen a film"
- 5. screen, block out, obstruct, obturate, impede, occlude, jam, block, close up
- usage: prevent from entering; "block out the strong sunlight"
- 6. riddle, screen, sift, sieve, strain
- usage: separate with a riddle, as grain from chaff
- 7. shield, screen, protect
- usage: protect, hide, or conceal from danger or harm
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of screen (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.