WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. abrasive, scratchy, rough (vs. smooth), unsmooth
- usage: causing abrasion
- 2. cranky, fractious, irritable, nettlesome, peevish, peckish, pettish, petulant, scratchy, testy, tetchy, techy, ill-natured (vs. good-natured)
- usage: easily irritated or annoyed; "an incorrigibly fractious young man"; "not the least nettlesome of his countrymen"
- 3. spotty, uneven, scratchy, inconsistent (vs. consistent)
- usage: lacking consistency; "the golfer hit the ball well but his putting was spotty"
- 4. grating, gravelly, rasping, raspy, rough, scratchy, cacophonous (vs. euphonious), cacophonic
- usage: unpleasantly harsh or grating in sound; "a gravelly voice"
All rights reserved.
See also: scratchy (Dictionary)