- 1. lookout, lookout man, sentinel, sentry, watch, spotter, scout, picket, watchman, watcher, security guard
- usage: a person employed to keep watch for some anticipated event
- 2. Scout, male child, boy, female child, girl, little girl
- usage: a Boy Scout or Girl Scout
- 3. scout, talent scout, recruiter
- usage: someone employed to discover and recruit talented persons (especially in the worlds of entertainment or sports)
- 4. scout, pathfinder, guide, expert
- usage: someone who can find paths through unexplored territory
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. scout, reconnoiter, reconnoitre, observe
- usage: explore, often with the goal of finding something or somebody
All rights reserved.
See also: scout (Dictionary)