Synonyms of scoured
- 1. scour, search, seek, look for
- usage: examine minutely; "The police scoured the country for the fugitive"
- 2. scrub, scour, rub
- usage: clean with hard rubbing; "She scrubbed his back"
- 3. scour, abrade, rub
- usage: rub hard or scrub; "scour the counter tops"
- 4. flush, scour, purge, rinse, rinse off
- usage: rinse, clean, or empty with a liquid; "flush the wound with antibiotics"; "purge the old gas tank"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. eroded, scoured, worn (vs. new)
- usage: worn away as by water or ice or wind
All rights reserved.