Synonyms of scorching
- 1. sear, scorch, heat, heat up
- usage: make very hot and dry; "The heat scorched the countryside"
- 2. scorch, sear, singe, burn, combust
- usage: become superficially burned; "my eyebrows singed when I bent over the flames"
- 3. scorch, burn, fire, burn down
- usage: destroy completely by or as if by fire; "The wildfire scorched the forest and several homes"; "the invaders scorched the land"
- 4. char, blacken, sear, scorch, burn
- usage: burn slightly and superficially so as to affect color; "The cook blackened the chicken breast"; "The fire charred the ceiling above the mantelpiece"; "the flames scorched the ceiling"
- 5. scorch, dry, dry out
- usage: become scorched or singed under intense heat or dry conditions; "The exposed tree scorched in the hot sun"
- 1. scorching, hot (vs. cold)
- usage: hot and dry enough to burn or parch a surface; "scorching heat"
- 1. scorching
- usage: capable of causing burns; "it was scorching hot"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of scorching (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.