WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sconce, shelter, shelter
- usage: a shelter or screen providing protection from enemy fire or from the weather
- 2. sconce, earthwork, fortress, fort
- usage: a small fort or earthwork defending a ford, pass, or castle gate
- 3. sconce, light, light source
- usage: a candle or flaming torch secured in a sconce
- 4. sconce, bracket, wall bracket
- usage: a decorative wall bracket for holding candles or other sources of light
All rights reserved.
See also: sconce (Dictionary)