- 1. scallop, scollop, escallop, shellfish
- usage: edible muscle of mollusks having fan-shaped shells; served broiled or poached or in salads or cream sauces
- 2. cutlet, scallop, scollop, escallop, piece, slice
- usage: thin slice of meat (especially veal) usually fried or broiled
- 3. scallop, scollop, escallop, bivalve, pelecypod, lamellibranch
- usage: edible marine bivalve having a fluted fan-shaped shell that swim by expelling water from the shell in a series of snapping motions
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. scallop, scollop, hollow, hollow out, core out
- usage: form scallops in; "scallop the meat"
- 2. scallop, scollop, fish
- usage: fish for scallops
- 3. scallop, scollop, shape, form
- usage: shape or cut in scallops; "scallop the hem of the dress"
All rights reserved.
See also: scollop (Dictionary)